Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 3........ the cleanse continues

I had truly expected to be in a tizzy today. 3 days into any kind of habit (or breaking of) tends to be the first real hurdle. I must say that today came and went without any cheating of the social media kind. If there was any day that made me wish I could tweet/post/update, it was today. I had a lot to talk about today. First off, I won my fantasy football league.  A Twitter league no less.  And I won, the whole enchilada, and I could not go to Twitter and tweet about it. I have no idea if anyone else mentioned it, or if anyone will be congratulating me tomorrow. I hope they don't think I'm an ungracious loser.. but they can always email me.

My kids also went to their first NFL game today. Last game of the season - Jets vs Bengals and they had field level seats. A few people I talked to on the phone told me they knew because they saw my kid's facebook updates. Ahhh yes, the reason I joined social media to begin with - the keep tabs on my kids. I felt a little pang of jealousy, but no desire to sneak a peak.

My bff called to see how the cleanse was doing - she knew I was going to be alone all night. I assured her that it was going fine. And it is.  She's been keeping tabs on the scene - lurking to see if there is anything she thinks I need to know. She informed me that my cousin was 2 days without heat (as noted on her FB page), but other than that - all seems to be relatively quiet.  I called said cousin and left a message for her. Another friend of mine text me to see if I went to the game or decided to stay warm. I called her back and told her I was snug as a bug in a rug.......  She didn't seem to mind that I replied with a call instead of a text. My son text me 4 pictures from the game and I called him back. Yes - I have been following the rules.

I expected to have just a productive day today - day 3 without social media. Yes - all the things it has been distracting me from. I have certainly made some progress in my projects but certainly not nearly as much as I thought.  And why? Because other things got me distracted. This digital cleanse has reminded me that my lack of organization at home comes from my lack of organization. And my easily distractive nature.

Tomorrow I go back to work after being home for almost 2 full weeks. My usual routine is wake up, grab a cup of coffee, tweet, update, email, tweet some more, shower, tweet head to work - you get the idea. I'm interested to see how the morning routine goes.........

No comments:

Post a Comment